Are your heating bills going through the roof? If they are, much of the heat you are paying for could be going the same way. Hitting the Cold Spots, a Hampshire County Council scheme funded by a grant from the Department of Health, can help and advise you on ways to keep warm and healthy this winter.
Cold weather not only makes life uncomfortable but can also lead to serious health problems such as respiratory diseases, asthma, depression, heart disease and strokes. Hampshire County Council has been developing new and innovative ways to help people keep warm and reduce bills.
The easy way to find what you need is to call our dedicated free Advice Line 0800 804 8601 where your call will be answered by a member of our Hampshire based, friendly and knowledgeable team from the Environment Centre.
Experienced advisors can visit you at home to offer practical advice on how to keep your home warm and to assist with reducing your energy bills. This winter, we are offering*:
- Help with heating and hot water system repairs.
- Urgent support with alternative heating measures (electric oil filled radiators) if you are without heating.
- Small grant support to cope with winter fuel emergencies.
- Carbon monoxide detectors – provided free with a home safety visit.
- Tariff change advice to help you to save money on your fuel bills, and practical support and assistance with debt, money and benefits.
- Access to free loft and cavity wall insulation, including for solid wall properties.
- Free assessment for connection to mains gas supply.
Our visiting Advisors offer practical and financial support, and can be with you when any works are being undertaken within your home. Mrs T from Farnborough contacted the project for support and said: “The Advisor was brilliant. She came to see me and we sorted out my hot water tank, it had been broken for 6 months. Thank you”.
For free and in-depth advice, please contact the Environment Centre office on 0800 804 8601 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Hitting the Cold Spots services are available until 31 March 2013 – so call now!
* Some of the above services and emergency relief are subject to availability and conditions apply.