Updated 1pm on 26 March 2020
- Hylands (892518) – Have posted on FB that they’re completely overwhelmed (26 March) and not delivering any more orders. They can be collected and paid for at the back of the shop.
- Grovers (891937) – Grovers delivery day will be Thursday. Orders should be placed by phone by Tuesday afternoon; they will make up the orders on Wednesday and then phone customers for payment.
- AnyFish (896111) are cooperating to provide a delivery service to the vulnerable and those self-isolating – you will need to phone in your order.
- Budgens (892706) already provide a delivery service. Phone in the morning and they will deliver in the afternoon. As they get busier there may obviously be some delays.
- Jobs Cottage Nursery is now offering an online delivery service so we can all get ahead with spring planting. Their website is: www.jobscottage.co.uk.
- If you have any ideas to help our community through this difficult time please let the Parish Council know; maybe a project that will encourage community spirit, tackle the issues of filling children’s time at home etc. We have allocated funds to help with potential projects which need money.
Play areas on the recreation ground
- Following recent advice the children’s play areas will be closed at both the recreation ground and Torbay farm. The recreation ground and footpaths remain open. Please keep to the restrictions announced by the Government.
Our Community group has sent out a letter to all Upham residents (see below)
The Parish Council would like to offer the following thoughts and information:
- If you need help or information, don’t hesitate to ask. There are many people willing to offer this help – shopping, dog walking, prescriptions, a friendly ear. Make sure you know the helper.
- If you’d like to offer help please contact the Community Group via: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact details of Parish Councillors below. Give us a ring if you need anything, want to chat…. For example, let us know if you’d like a daily phone call. Contact us via 860236 or email@example.com
- Our local pub, the Brushmakers, is doing a delivery/takeaway service for meals from Wednesday 25th For menus see www.thebrushmakersarms.com. Takeaway fish and chips every Friday from 20th. Contact 860231 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Alma is offering takeaways. They do need to be collected. Contact 860227
- Keep an eye on your neighbours
- Keep an eye on the NHS site www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus=covid=19
for updates on the situation
- Also check the government site www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response
- Follow Upham Village on Facebook
- Now the schools are closing, please share suggestions as to how you’re going to keep the children active, healthy and happy.
- Give us your tips on ways of managing eg Hylands is offering deliveries and pick up of preordered goods.
- The Blue Lamp Trust is offering key safes fitted outside your house at cost if you are self isolating. Contact 0300 777 0157
- If you can think of safe ways in to encourage community cohesion over the next months please let us know.
- Be kind – think of others
Help from Upham Community Group.
With the Coronavirus now affecting many more people it’s understandable that Upham residents will feel concerned about their own well-being and that of their family and friends.
Self-isolation is something that many will be considering in order to keep themselves safe and elderly people may soon be asked to self-isolate for an extended period to protect themselves from infection.
Please be aware that the Upham Community Group is here to help you if you are not able to leave your home and need assistance.
If you need help please contact one of the volunteers via email: email@example.com
Janet Dunford, Jane Beloe, Cyn Kimble, Jane Brown and Clare Elliott (Co-ordinator)
Gwyn Halsall: 860258
David Ashe: 860396
Sarah Le May: 860332
Ross Snowdon: 860329
Eve Croucher: 860641
Keith Dalley: 860173
Anne Collins: 860236