Upham church choir about 1908
Back row from the left: Leonard Banbury (who used to pump the organ) Arthur Stubbington, Edward Knight (the coal merchant) and postmaster George Pullinger, Edward Edwards (the rector’s gardener) Christopher Stubbington, Albert Stubbington, George Dumper, Richard Miller.
Centre row: Archibold Janaway, Walter Holloway, William Snook, Fredrick Hoare, John Hoare, Walter Stubbington, Frederick Hounsham.
Front row: Wilfred Hounsham, Harold Holloway, Mr Pink (lay reader), The Rev E.L.H. Tew M.A., Harry Stubbington the organist and choirmaster, Frederick Holloway and Edward Stubbington.